Pros and Cons of Purchasing a Prefab Guard House
Serving to protect a facility and the employees who work there, a prefab guard house offers tremendous value. With the need for enhanced security on the rise for private companies, military bases, airports, government buildings, and others, utilizing a portable guard booth on-site has become commonplace. If you are considering buying a pre-manufactured booth, it is important to understand both the pros and cons.
- As mentioned, a portable guard booth is used as an enhanced safety measure. When placed on the outside of a facility, the individual inside the booth has far better control and knowledge of who enters and exits. In countless situations, a guard shack has deterred criminal activity.
- Being a prefabricated product, the booth is built in a factory and then shipped to the customer’s site, which dramatically reduces lead-time.
- Prefabricated guard shacks can be ordered as standard or customized products. In either case, special upgrades can be made based on the customer’s requirements. Examples include blast and bullet resistant features, air conditioning and heating, security lighting, advanced technology, restrooms, and more.
- Because a prefabricated guard shack is constructed in a factory as opposed to being built on-site, it is more cost-effective.
- A portable guard shack can be disassembled, relocated, and reassembled.
- From an environmental perspective, there is less material waste with prefab shacks.
- If a pre-manufactured booth does not come from a reputable company, there is a risk of error. One small mistake can lead to a significant problem at some point in the future.
- Some companies that manufacture prefab booths have limited design options, meaning that no detail or personality is incorporated into the finished product.
Clearly, there are far more advantages of purchasing a prefabricated guard shack than there are disadvantages. With better security being a top priority for everyone, the popularity of guard shacks has skyrocketed.
At B.I.G. Enterprises, we take security and protection seriously, which is evident in all of our products. Whether you are interested in having a guardhouse manufactured or looking at security shacks, we can help. Please visit our website to learn more about our company and what we do.